The Engineering Control Branch was established in 1986 and is the only branch of its kind in Iraq. The branch graduates engineers in the field of control engineering to get them to develop Iraqi industry. The aim of the Control Engineering Branch is to provide the students of the preliminary study with topics related to all fields of control engineering according to international standards. These include building an excellent foundation in mathematics, physics, electronics and engineering, as well as applied mechanical engineering, heat, fluid, programming techniques, electrical machines, measurements, components and the basis of communications engineering. These lessons are followed by specialized courses including theories of control engineering, advanced control engineering, the definition of systems and programmers, digital signal processing, industrial engineering, computer control, robotics, programmed machines, process control, adaptive control, intelligent control systems, microprocessors, computer engineering, and engineering project. The Control Engineering Branch is equipped with laboratories for supporting all areas of Control Engineering available that prepare the student to deal effectively and efficiently with the applied engineering work.
• First: To provide students with the basics of knowledge in the disciplines of control engineering.
• Second: To prepare qualified and proportionate engineers with the responsibility that awaits them in the field of work.
• Third: Develop communication skills and teamwork with others. • Fourth: Prepare students for successful work in the field of control engineering and thus contribute to community service.
The research interest of this branch relates to all fields related to control engineering and includes the following areas:
2. Industrial Intelligence
3. Computer Control Engineering
4. Adaptive Control
5. Neural Networks
6. Fuzzy Logic
7. Genetic Algorithm
8. Measurement Devices
9. Applications of Conjecture Theories