Objectives of the Automation and Robotics Research Unit:
First: The research unit should be advisory and executive to advise and execute the necessary designs and implement them in the field of robotics and automation for various governmental bodies within the country.
Second: conduct scientific research, implement it, and develop solutions for various problems and applications in the following areas:
- Medical problems and applications and development of medical devices
- The humanitarian service of the disabled
- Automation applications in industry
- Environmental and civil and military industries applications, including the robot used in aviation and underwater applications
- Applications of vision and surveillance systems
- Design and construction of educational software applications for the teaching of automation and robotics engineering.
Third: Scientific and cultural cooperation and the organization of lectures with research units, centers of automation and robotics research and universities in various countries of the world.